Reduced Tuition - Children and Spouses of National Guardsmen Disabled or Deceased in the Line of Duty
Through SDCL 13-55-10,
the state legislature arranged academic support for the dependents of
deceased and disabled national guardsmen. This includes both children
(24 years of age or younger) and spouses. Eligibility requirements are
- South Dakota resident
- Child or spouse of a national guard member
- Guard member suffered death or total and permanent disability
- Causal damage resulted from service as a member
of the South Dakota National Guard during active duty (state or
national) or authorized training
Eligible students will be granted a 100% tuition waiver. This waiver applies exclusively to tuition, not to fees.
- Print this form (E-12 Veteran’s Dependents or Survivors Application for Free Tuition); complete the top section.
- Submit the E-12 form to the South Dakota Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (website: http://mva.sd.gov/default.html). The department will provide the necessary validation and return the completed form to you.
- Present the form to the Registrar’s Office at your home university.
For additional details about this program, contact Shane Olivier at the SDDMVA (605-773-3648 or 605-773-4981).