Reduced Tuition - Minnesota Residency
The South Dakota Board of
Regents and the Minnesota Higher Education Coordinating Board maintain a
tuition reciprocity agreement. Minnesota students will be charged the
current tuition rate established through this agreement (see SDCL 13-53B-1).
- This special tuition rate applies only to
state-support courses - for the most part, these are campus-based, centers and
involve face-to-face instruction. It does not apply to self-support courses - those offered at off-campus locations or entail distance learning.
- The regental system employs a standard fee structure; state of residency does not factor into calculation of fees.
For this particular program, no
formal application is required. Eligibility is determined based on
information provided on the application for undergraduate admission;
approval is automatically conferred at the point of processing and then
documented in the student information system.
For follow-up questions pertaining to your status, please contact the specified office at your chosen university:
- Black Hills State University - Spearfish: Admissions: 605-642-6343
- Dakota State University - Madison: Admissions: 605-256-5139
- Northern State University - Aberdeen: Student Affairs/Enrollment Services: 605-626-2544
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology - Rapid City: Registrar and Academic Services Office: 605-394-2400
- South Dakota State University - Brookings: Student Affairs Office: 605-688-6328
- The University of South Dakota - Vermillion: Registrar's Office: 605-677-5339