Reduced Tuition - Persons 65 Years of Age and Older
Senior citizens who are
residents of South Dakota are eligible to receive a greatly reduced
tuition rate. To qualify, you must be at least 65 years of age or will
celebrate your 65th birthday during the calendar year of enrollment.
The reduction in the cost of tuition is equal to 45%. See additional
- This reduction in assessment of cost applies only to tuition, not to fees.
- The program allows for either undergraduate or graduate course work.
- Courses of interest must entail face-to-face
instruction provided on a main university campus (that is, coded as
state support). Courses that are offered at learning centers or other
off-campus locations and those that entail distance learning are not included in this program.
For this particular program,
you do not need to submit a formal application. Eligibility is
determined based on information provided on the application for
undergraduate admission; approval is automatically conferred at the
point of processing and then documented in the student information
For any questions pertaining to your status, please contact the specified office at your chosen university:
- Black Hills State University - Spearfish: Admissions: 642-6343
- Dakota State University - Madison: Cashier's Office: 256-5271
- Northern State University - Aberdeen: Admissions: 626-7600
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology - Rapid City: Admissions: 394-2414
- South Dakota State University - Brookings: Michelle Kuebler, Admissions: 688-4121
- The University of South Dakota - Vermillion: Registrar's Office: 677-5339