Child of Alumnus/Alumni
The regental system values its graduates; consequently, the Board of Regents devised a tuition program for undergraduate students who are children of alumni. Eligibility requirements include the following:
- One or both parents graduated from a regental university (Black Hills State University, Dakota State University, Northern State University, South Dakota School of Mines, South Dakota State University, and/or University of South Dakota)
- Residency in a state other than South Dakota
- Additional eligibility criteria differ between institutions and may be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office of the university the student plans to attend.
- The special tuition rate applies only to state support courses – primarily those courses that are campus-based, centers and involve face-to-face instruction.
- The regental system employs a standard fee structure; state of residence does not factor into calculation of fees.
To expedite the application/approval process, a short section specific to this program has been incorporated into the Undergraduate Application for Admission; no separate application is required. Eligibility will be confirmed when the application is processed.