Frequently Asked Questions: South Dakota Public University System & Nelnet Business Solutions Payment Plan
- How do I sign up for the payment plan?
- How do I become an authorized payer and enroll my student in the payment plan?
- Do I have to be an Authorized Payer in SDePay to enroll in the payment plan?
- How is my monthly payment plan amount determined?
- Can I make an optional down payment prior to calculating my monthly payment(s)?
- When will the funds be withdrawn from my bank account?
- What happens if the payment date is on a weekend or holiday?
- How will I be notified of my payment information?
- What is my access code?
- What if I have a returned payment?
- Can I pay by phone?
- What is the Nelnet Business Solutions Program (formerly known as FACTS Management)?
- If payments are made automatically from my bank account or charged to my credit card, does that mean NBS/American Card Services or the institution on this contract has direct access to my account?
- What is the 2.75% service fee?
1. How do I sign up for the payment plan?
After registering for class, the student can login to WebAdvisor to confirm their registration. Within WebAdvisor, select SDePay from the Financial Profile menu, then select the e-Cashier logo in SDePay. Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your payment amount and to proceed to the e-Cashier site to complete your payment agreement.
2. How do I become an authorized payer and enroll my student in the payment plan?
To become an Authorized Payer requires the student to create a login name and password within SDePay granting access for the user. Once the login is created the Authorized Payer can access the Authorized Payer site. The Authorized Payer will then select the e-Cashier logo once they have logged into SDePay.
3. Do I have to be an Authorized Payer in SDePay to enroll in the payment plan?
Yes, due to Federal Privacy Regulations, the student must give authorization for the payer to have access to their student account information.
4. How is my monthly payment plan amount determined?
Your payment plan amount is calculated on your current student account balance, which is your total term tuition and fee balance less any accepted financial aid to be applied directly to your account. Your monthly payment amount will be adjusted for changes on your account due to class changes (adds/drops), financial aid changes, or any changes to your student account balance. This adjustment will be made after the add/drop period and prior to your final two payments. You will be notified by e-mail of any changes to your payment plan.
5. Can I make an optional down payment prior to calculating my monthly payment(s)?
Yes. You may elect to make an optional down payment. Enter the down payment amount you want to make on the NBS e-Cashier budget form. Then click the Re-calculate button. Any optional down payment will be processed immediately according to the payment method you have selected. Any remaining payments will then be processed as per your instructions.
6. When will the funds be withdrawn from my bank account ?
The payment is automatically deducted on the 5th of each month from a checking or savings account. You may also have your payment charged to your credit card. If you elect to use your credit card, American Express, Discover Card, Visa, or MasterCard may be used. Please note: Check, Debit, and ATM Cards may be returned unpaid due to daily limits restrictions imposed by your bank. Please contact your bank to temporarily remove these restrictions.
7. What happens if the payment date is on a weekend or holiday?
If the payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday observed by the Federal Reserve, the payment will be attempted on the next business day. Although FACTS specifies the date each payment will occur it is the responsible party's financial institution that determines the time of day the payment is debited to the account (this applies to Automatic Bank Payments only).
8. How will I be notified of my payment information?
Once your agreement is posted to the FACTS website, you will receive an email confirmation notification of your payment amount. Payments will be processed on the 5 th of each month until the total balance is paid in full. Please note the email notification contains important information you must have to log on to the My Facts Account online. The notification also serves as a reminder that a nonrefundable enrollment fee will be processed from the account indicated on the agreement.
9. What is my access code?
To help protect your privacy, we ask the person responsible for the payments create an access code for their account. If you should call NBS inquiring about your agreement or inquire online through your My Facts Account, you will be required to verify your access code. If you do not create an access code on your agreement, one will be randomly assigned to you. Your access code will be identified on your emailed confirmation notification. Please remember to keep a copy of your confirmation notification email.
10. What if I have a returned payment?
If your payment on the 5th is not successful, it will be reattempted on the 20th of the month. Any time a payment is returned, you will receive notification from NBS on how the returned payment will be handled. Your NBS agreement will be processed until the balance owed is paid in full.
For each returned payment, NBS assesses a $25.00 Returned Payment Fee. NBS Returned Payment Fees are automatically deducted from the account you have provided. If your NBS Returned Payment Fee is returned, it will be reattempted. NBS Returned Payment Fees are payable to NBS.
11. Can I pay by phone?
In accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your agreement, payments are processed electronically. Payments by phone are not accepted.
12. What is the Nelnet Business Solutions Program (formerly known as FACTS Management)?
Nelnet Business Solutions (formerly known as FACTS Management Company) provides a payment program used by institutions across the country. We have been in the tuition management business for 15 years. For more information about NBS you may review our web site at www.factsmgt.com.
13. If payments are made automatically from my bank account or charged to my credit card, does that mean NBS/American Card Services or the institution on this contract has direct access to my account?
No. This is a common misconception about automatic payments. No one other than you and your financial institution has access to your account. When you arrange to make an automatic payment through NBS/American Card Services, you authorize a specific payment amount to be paid by your bank or credit card company on a specific date.
14. What is the 2.75% service fee?
NBS has contracted with American Card Services, Inc., to process credit card transactions for South Dakota over the Internet. American Card Services charges a 2.75% service fee for processing credit cards using this convenient channel. It will be quoted to you AFTER you select the credit card payment option but BEFORE you provide your account number or complete your NBS agreement. You may choose another payment option at any time prior to submitting your agreement.