The South Dakota Board of Regents (SDBOR) invites nominations and applications for the position of Executive Director and
Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Executive Director of the South Dakota Board of Regents serves as the governing board's
Chief Executive Officer and leads a system of six universities and two special schools supporting 34,500 students, employing approximately 5,000 individuals, and with a total budget of nearly $800 million. The institutional presidents and superintendents report to the Board through the CEO and together they are accountable for providing transformative leadership, focus, and strategic vision for the advancement of public higher education, special schools, and research activities in the state of South Dakota.
SDBOR is comprised of the following universities and special schools:
- Black Hills State University
- Dakota State University
- Northern State University
- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- South Dakota State University
- University of South Dakota
- South Dakota School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- South Dakota School for the Deaf
The South Dakota Board of Regents is seeking in its next Executive Director and CEO a highly respected and experienced leader who will advocate for the continued success of the system. This individual will be presented with the opportunity to achieve the following professional and personal accomplishments:
- Lead a highly respected system of higher education whose institutions are praised for their delivery of high-quality, affordable education.
- Oversee a diverse mix of campuses and institutional entities.
- Work directly with an outstanding mix of presidents and senior leaders who are each aligned toward the achievement of the system's and the state's collective goals.
- Regularly engage with South Dakota's top elected officials and senior leaders in the private and civic sectors.
- Be engaged nationally as an acknowledged leader in the field of higher education, and participate regularly in forums and collaborative initiatives with other top leaders in the academy.