System Strategic Goals (Policy 1:21)
Board of Regents Policy 1:21
1. Educational Attainment
- Continuously improve preparation and align high school standards with college-ready expectations.
- Increase college participation rates.
- Improve completions, i.e. increase retention rates, increase the number of graduates by at least 411 each year, and close achievement gaps.
- Keep our graduates in state.
2. Academic Quality & Performance
- Review academic degree programs for quality, responsiveness, and productivity
- Promote high standards for student learning, quality instruction, and research.
- Encourage student engagement in research and service.
- Create employer feedback mechanisms.
- Expand use of technology to enhance learning.
3. Economic Development & Quality of Life
- Promote growth of research initiatives.
- Expand graduate education.
- Contribute to economic development through technology transfer & incubation of new commercial ventures.
- Contribute to workforce development & quality of life by expanding academic programs to meet our future workforce needs, offering off-campus and online programs, and creating corporate training partnerships.
- Encourage entrepreneurship.
4. Effectiveness & Efficiency
- Monitor and benchmark cost/price per graduate.
- Monitor and benchmark financial indicators.
- Review under-productive programs for improvements, consolidation, or elimination.
- Streamline administrative and academic organizational structures.
- Review facilities and space utilization.
- Keep the system affordable.
- Tuition and fees.
- Required credits to degree
- Need-based and merit aid
- Average debt load
Return to: Workforce Development, Access to Success